National Art Museum of Ukraine
The National Art Museum of Ukraine is of course not the oldest in the list of most famous museums of the world. But its prestige is constantly becoming higher. And the belief of museum founders that Ukrainian culture is valuable on international level today has spread around the world.
Odessa Virtual Museum of Numismatic
The Odessa Numismatics Museum is a currency museum in Ukraine. The museum preserves and exhibits ancient relics from the Northern Black Sea Region and Rus-Ukraine. The Museum has two branches located in the centre of Odessa: at 33 Grecheskaya Str. — Exhibition of ancient and medieval coins, old and modern Ukrainian banknotes; antique pottery of the Northern Black Sea region and fine art of Kievan Rus'; and at 16 Deribasovskaya Str. — Coin Gallery, "Monetny dvor"; literally "Monetary Court" — Exhibition of modern coins and monetary tokens of Ukraine.
Great Khortytsia Island is a large island on the Dnieper which played a vital role in the history of Ukraine. The island, situated within the modern industrial city of Zaporizhia in the Kakhovka Reservoir and extending from northwest to southeast for more than twelve kilometers, has an average width of 2,500 meters. Nowadays, Khortysia is designated a national museum. The rural landscape of the island features the Zaporizhian Cossack Museum and a Cossack horse show. The museum building is modern, nestling low in the landscape with dramatic views of the Dnieper Hydroelectric Station to the north.
Livadia Palace was a summer retreat of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family in Livadiya, Crimea in southern Ukraine. The Yalta Conference was held there in 1945, when the palace housed the apartments of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and other members of the American delegation.
Museum of Folk Architecture
Museum of Folk Architecture and Life is an open-air museum located in Uzhhorod, Ukraine. It features over 30 traditional structures collected from villages across Zakarpattia Oblast, the Ukrainian province of which Uzhgorod is the capital. According to Michael Benanav of The New York Times, "the museum's centerpiece is 16th-century St. Michael's Church, with a roof and onion-domed steeple covered in wooden shingles."  Uzhgorod Castle, located nearby, is an imposing fortress that housed the regents of the Hapsburgs.
National Museum of Lviv
The National Museum and Gallery of Lviv is one of Ukraine's largest museums. The initial collection was founded privately in 1905 by the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptyts'kyi, when it was originally named "The Church Museum". Icon-paintings of which there are at least 4000 of form an important part of the collection as does folk sacral sculpture. A set of Ukrainian folk and professional engravings dating back to the 17th and 18th century's are of great value to the museum from a Ukrainian cultural viewpoint and there are over 1000 in this department.
Brody Museum of History and District Ethnography
The Brody museum of history and district ethnography is a museum in Brody, Ukraine, founded in 2001. Museums in the Brody district have old traditions. Beginnings of it are found in the collections of Pidgircy castle (formed at the end of XVII-XVIII century), by collections of the count Vladimir Dzedushyckiy in the estate in Penyaki village, by the private museum of pictures and ancient furnitures of proprietress of castle palace in Brody of the countess Zhyshchevska.
National Sanctuary "Sophia of Kiev" is the state museum in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, responsible for maintenance and preservation of some of its most precious historic sites. The creation of the museum in 1934 by the order of the authorities of the Soviet Ukraine at the site of the Saint Sophia Cathedral has likely saved this one of the holiest sites in Eastern Europe from destruction during the Soviet-wide anti-religious campaign of early 1930s.
Odessa Pushkin Museum
Odessa Pushkin Museum is a museum dedicated to the Russian poet Alexander Pushkin in Odessa, Ukraine. The museum displays original manuscripts from Pushkin's writings, and a copy of a page from his book ‘Eugene Onegin’.
The Ostroh Castle is a castle in the city of Ostroh, located in the Rivne Oblast of western Ukraine. The city of Ostroh was first mentioned in the 1100s. For almost three centuries, the castle it was a residence of the noble family of Ostrotzky which gave Ukraine famous military leaders, musical composers, and civil engineers. Today the castle is in ruins, and lasted from the 14th century to the 16th century.
Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine
Pyrohiv, also known as Pirogovo, originally a village south of Kiev, is a neighborhood in the southern outskirts of the Ukrainian capital city. It is now home to an outdoor Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine. The territory of historic Pyrohiv now serves as the location of a 1.5 km² (370 acre) outdoor Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine. Founded in 1969, the museum contains over 300 pieces of folk architecture brought here from all parts of Ukraine and carefully reassembled.
The Pysanka Museum was built in 2000 in the small city of Kolomyia, Ivano-Frankivska Oblast. The central part of the museum has a form of a painted easter egg, pysanka, 14 meters in height. This is the unique museum of the such ornament which became a visit card of the city and in the August of 2007 recognized as the landmark of the modern Ukraine.
State Museum of Natural History
The State Museum of Natural History is situated in Lviv - the biggest industrial, scientific and cultural centre in Western Ukraine. Being almost 750 years old, our city is inscribed onto the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Odessa State Literary Museum
Odessa State Literary Museum was founded in 1977. It occupies the palace built by the architect Ludwig Otton in the 19th century. The collections located in 24 halls of the museum utilize real historical objects to trace the history of literary Odessa. More than three hundred writers are represented to the public. Rare editions, manuscripts, photos, albums, related objects are on view here.
Ivan Honchar Museum
Ivan Honchar Museum was founded in September 1993. Its aims are to help revive national culture, promote ethnic consciousness, and preserve and develop the best traditions of Ukrainian folk art. The Museum is founded on the collection of Ivan Makarovych Honchar (January 27, 1911 – June 18, 1993), who was a prominent statesman, scholar and artist. In the 1960s his collection served as an alternative to the then official ideology and helped spark a renewed interest in national culture.
National Museum of Fine Arts
National Museum of Fine Arts had a name of Municipal Museum of Antiquities & Arts 100 years ago. Ukraine was known for its beautiful ethnographical arts & crafts. The first director of Museum historian, M. Bilyashivsky & his brothers-in-arms, art-critics D. Scherbakivsky & P. Ernst created museum collection.
State Polytechnic Museum
State Polytechnic Museum of Ukraine at NTUU “KPI”. In September of 1998 the State Polytechnic Museum of Ukraine was opened at NTUU “KPI”. Regular museum display includes thirteen directions of engineering, history of KPI and museum of signal troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The State Polytechnic Museum plays an active role in organization of study and popularization of technique's history.
National museum of History of Ukraine
The museum's extensive exhibits consist of eight sections dealing with various aspects of Ukraine's history from prehistoric times to the present. The museum has rich collection of archeological and ethnographical findings, coin, works of art and old books. Behind the museum there is a path that provides a good view of Podil, Kyiv's lower town from the highest point of Old Kyiv.
Mikhail Bulgakov Museum
Mikhail Bulgakov Museum (officially known as Literature-Memorial Museum to Mikhail Bulgakov, commonly called the Bulgakov House) is a museum in Kiev, Ukraine, dedicated to a Kiev-born Russian writer Mikhail Bulgakov.
National Museum of the History
The National Museum of the History of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 years is a memorial complex commemorating the Great Patriotic War located in the southern outskirts of the Pechersk district of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, on the picturesque hills on the right-bank of the Dnieper River.
Museum of Soviet occupation
The Museum of Soviet occupation in Kiev, Ukraine, is devoted to portraying the crimes of the Soviet regime in Ukraine from 1917 to 1991. It was established in November 2001 by the Vasyl Stus branch of Memorial Society as an exhibition "Not to be forgotten: The Chronicle of Communist inquisition." Between 2001 and 2007, the exposition grew into a full fledged museum. On May 30, 2007, it received its current name.
Kiev Archive Museum of Transitional Period
Kiev Archive Museum of Transitional Period was a propaganda museum whose establishment was sanctioned by German occupants in 1942. The museum existed in April - October 1942. Its expositions demonstrated "achievements" of the German occupation and crimes of Stalin's regime. The museum's director was a famous Ukrainian historian Oleksandr Ohloblyn who used this opportunity to organize an exhibition about cultural monuments destroyed by Bolsheviks. Several historians, such as Oleksandr Hruzynsky, Svitozar Drahomanov, Natalia Polonska-Vasylenko etc.
Savka House is a museum of Ukrainian rural life, located 10 kilometers from Kyiv at Novye Petrovtsy village. The museum features an old Ukrainian house made of clay covered with straw. Highlights of Savka House include numerous ancient household items: tiny glass bottles, ancient shoes with wooden nails which “cost like a cow”, various pots, wooden wheels, a large wooden bowl for making bread. In the yard there is a real smithy, a boots workshop, a pottery, three old bee hives, a kitchen garden and an old well.
Golden Gate of Kiev
The Golden Gate of Kiev is a historic gateway in the ancient city walls of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. The name Zoloti Vorota is also used for a nearby theatre and a station of the Kiev Metro.
Kiev fortress is a generic name for the 19th century fortification buildings situated in Ukrainian capital Kiev (Kyiv), that once belonged to western Russian fortresses. These structures (once a united complex) were built in the Pechersk and neighbourhoods by the Russian army.
Kiev Pechersk Lavra
Kiev Pechersk Lavra, also known as the Kiev Monastery of the Caves, is a historic Orthodox Christian monastery in Kiev, Ukraine. Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1015 the Lavra has been a preeminent center of the Eastern Orthodox Christianity in Eastern Europe. It is also one of the four UNESCO World Heritage Sites within Ukraine.
National Museum of Medicine
The National Museum of Medicine of Ukraine was created in 1973 in Kyiv. It is distributed in the building of the former Anatomical theatre of the Kyiv University, constructed in 1853 by the project of A. Beretti, the well known architect. The building is the architectural monument of the 19th century . Professor O. A. Grando, Doctor of Science in Medicine, the honoured scientist of Ukraine, is the museum founder and its Head.