East Slovak Museum
The East Slovak Museum in Košice, Slovakia, is one of the oldest Slovak museums; it was founded in 1872. A neo-Renaissance building was erected in the early 20th century. It was the first building in the town designed to serve it's needs as a museum. There are sculptures of Perseus and Vulcan on the facade of the building.
Andy Warhol Museum of Modern Art
The Andy Warhol Museum of Modern Art (Slovak: Múzeum Andyho Warhola Medzilaborce) in Medzilaborce, Slovakia was established in 1991 by the American family of the artist Andy Warhol and the Slovak Ministry of Culture. Until 1996 AWMMA (the English-language acronym of the museum) was called The Warhol Family Museum of Modern Art.
Bratislava City Museum
The Bratislava City Museum is a museum in Bratislava, Slovakia, established in 1868. Its headquarters are located in the Old Town, near the Main Square at the Old Town Hall. The museum is owned by one of the 11 allowance organizations of the City of Bratislava.
Museum of Danube in Komárno
The Museum of Danube in Komárno is a cultural and natural history museum in Komárno], Slovakia. The museum professionally processes and makes accessible documents on the development of nature and society of the southern part of the Danube lowland and of Hungarian nationality culture in the Slovak Republic.
National Cemetery in Martin
The National Cemetery in Martin, Slovakia is the final resting place of many important personalities of Slovak history. The list includes writers, poets, national activists, pedagogues, etc. The reason why Martin was selected as the site for the National Cemetery was its role as the center of Slovak culture during the years of formation of the Slovak nation (19th century).
Slovak National Museum
The Slovak National Museum is the most important institution focusing on scientific research and cultural education in the field of museological activity in Slovakia. Its beginnings "are connected with the endeavour of the Slovak nation for national emancipation and self-determination."
Slovak Technical Museum
The Slovak Technical Museum is a museum based in the eastern Slovak city of Košice, with branches throughout Slovakia. It was established in 1947 and opened to the public in 1948 under name Technical Museum (Technické múzeum), renamed in 1983 to the current name.
Slovak National Museum in Martin
The Slovak National Museum in Martin is the oldest and the largest workplace in the Slovak National Museum. It dates backs to the end to the 19th century and is connected with the establishment of the Slovak Museology Society (1893). The foundation, development, activity and accumulation of the SNM-MT collection in Martin are connected with the work of its founding father, Andrej Kmet, and other important personalities from our national history.
Museum of Transportation
The Museum of Transportation, a branch of the Slovak Technical Museum in Košice, is situated on the site of the first steam-railway station in Bratislava on Šancová Street, near the current main railway station. It was opened on June 24, 1999.
The Water Museum
The Water Museum (Vodárenské múzeum), which is administered by the Bratislava Water Company, is located in Karlova Ves. It focuses on history of waterworks and water supply in Bratislava, exhibiting tools, machines and photographs.
Museum of Education and Pedagogy
The Museum of Education and Pedagogy was established in 1970 by the Department of Education and is administered by the the Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education (Ústav informácií a prognóz školstva). The museum contains almost 40,000 exhibits from the 16th to the 20th century.
Museum of Orava Village Zuberec - Brestova
This open-air museum is situated at the foot of Rohace in the West Tatra mountains. The first building of the museum - a forest house with a restaurant from Zakamenne was built in 1970. The building burnt down in 1990. It was rebuilt in 1998 and opened again. Museum was first opened in 1975.
Archaeological Museum Bratislava
The history of the museum is related to the Slovak Homeland Museum in Bratislava, one of the predecessors of the present SNM, in whose historico-archaeological department were formed. The formation of the Archaeological Museum of SNM as the only such specialized institution in Slovakia was completed in 1991 by its being moved to the Renaissance 16th century Kamper mansion at No.12, Ziska's Street.
Apponyi museum is situated in a smaller castle nearby a road to Suloviec. The renaissance castle was built in the early 17th century and the Neo-Gothic elements can be seen from the last building modifications.
Andrej Sladkovic Museum
The Andrej Sladkovic Museum is a branch of the Forestry and Timber Museum at Zvolen. It is located in a historical building not far from the poet's native house. Its exhibitions was open in 1969 and is deals with the prehistory and history of Krupina, the life and work of A. Sladkovic and the writer E. Marothy-Soltesova.
Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin Literary Museum
The Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin Literary Museum at Brodzany is a branch workspace of the Slovak national library in Martin. The museum was set up in 1979 in a 17th century renaissance chateau, where Pushkin often stayed. After his death, his widowed wife Nathaly and children often paid visits to this place.
Balneological Museum (BM) Piestany
This museum at Piestany was founded in 1931 thanks to the Piestany Museum Society and the Winter family, lessors of the Piestany spa. It was of a local-history character, but since 1966 specializes in balneology and the history of Slovak watering places and climatic spa.
The Beckov Museum is an extended exhibition of the Trencin Museum. It was open in 1988. The adapted Renaissance manor of the Ambro family from the 1st half of the 17th century houses an exhibition of the history of Beckov castle and its prominent personalities. The materials on view document the history of the castle, of the feudal townlet and its natives (J.M. Hurban, L.Mednansky, A.Mednansky, D.Stur, etc.), crafts and popular occupations.
The museum specialises in documenting history of gentry. It sits in a past hunting palace of the Andrassy family (National Cultural Monument), which is situated in a large romantic park in Betliar.
The Cachtice Museum is branch exhibitions of the Trencin Museum. It ishoused in the former Draskovic manor. The introduction presents palaeontological and archaeological finds from the environs of Cachtice, the historical section is devoted to the castle and mediaeval townlet.
Slovakian Museum Banska Bystrica
The museum was founded by the burgenses in 1889, That is the oldest continous cultural facility in town. The first exhibition was opened in 1909. The present historic exhibition is located in the museum’s building at SNP square since 1958. From year 1989 the exhibition The Nature of Central Slovakia is located in the Tihanyi Castle in the ward Radvan.
The Ceramics Museum at Holic is an extended exhibition of the Zahorie Museum at Skalica. It is housed in the side wing of the building of the former Holic manufactory for making faience. It was open in 1992.
Cerveny Kamen Museum
preserved huge castle is situated on a quartz hill over a small village of Pila in the Small Carpathian Mountains. Originally, the king castle from the half of C13 functioned as part of a fortified castle line on the west border of Austria. Since the beginning of C16 the Thurzo family owned the castle, and since 1535 it was owned by the Fuggero family, which was then one of the richest family in Europe.
Country Museum (KMP) Presov
The Homeland Museum at Presov is placed in the socalled Rakoczi Palace, a Renassance buildind. It was open in 1945 as a Municipal Museum, later acted as a Regional Museum and from 1961 as the Museum of the Slovak Council Republic.
Dubnicky kastiel svojou rozlohou jeden z najvacsich na Slovensku bude jednorazovo (na jeden den) spristupneny verejnosti a to v nedelu 8.6.2008 v ramci oslav 815.vyrocia prvej zmienky o Dubnici.
The Historical Museum Bratislava
The Historical Museum is one of most important museums in Slovakia. It has been gradually formed from departments of a historical character of the Slovak Homeland Museum. It was given a more definite shape in 1961 as the Historical Department of the then newly- designed SNM, out of which it grew in 1970 into the Historical Institute, renamed in 1989 into the Historical Museum.
Ferdis Kostka Museum Stupava
The Ferdis Kostka Museum was open in 1968. It is located in two buildings - a three-room house in which this prominent Slovak ceramist was born, lived and worked, and the so called "Brenhaus" in which is the artist's shop and workroom with an old Hutterite or Anabaptist (locally termed Haban) potter kiln. The core of the exhibition is given by faience products and potter works collected by the widow after F.Kostka - Frantiska Jochova-Kostkova.
The Horehronie Museum at Brezno was set up as a homeland museum - of the then Brezno district - in 1960. Since 1965 it truly has the statute of a regional museum with special orientation to local history. It is located in the former Town Hall and in a renovated burgher house from the end of the 16th century. Both the buildings are cultural monuments. The Town Hall, originally Renaissance, was given its present appearance during late-Baroque adjustments in 1779-1780. The Museum administers a technical exhibit - a complete mangle, which is part of a farmer-artisan's property at Brezno.
Honty Museum and Gallery of Ludovit Simonyi Sahy
The Museum at Sahy was founded back in 1895, but was abolished in 1925 and its collections were moved to the present Slovak Mining Museum at Banska Stiavnica. The present fund is made up of archaeological and historical collections from Hont and such as show the development of agroproduction in this region.
Homeland Museum (VMGA) Ga
The first stimulus for setting up a museum in the Galanta district came from the ethnography circle formed by local teachers in 1958. The Local Council constituted as of April 1, 1969, the District Museum at Galanta (since January 1, 1990 the Homeland Museum). Since 1970 it is housed in a neo-Gothic manor at Galanta.