History & Archaeology Museum
The History & Archaeology Museum in Piatra Neamt, Romania was founded at the beginning of the 20th century by Constantin Matas?, minister and amateur archaeologist. The museum shelters the most important collection of Cucuteni culture artifacts and it is the home of the Cucuteni Research Centre. The famous piece, Hora de la Frumu?ica ("The Frumu?ica Dance", the symbol of Cucuteni culture), can be found here.
Baroque Palace of Oradea
The Baroque Palace of Oradea, also know as Palatul Baroc Oradea (Rom.) or Muzeul Tarii Crisurilor (Rom.) (Eng. Museum of the Rivers Country) or The Bishopric Palace of Oradea. The Baroque Palace of Oradea, located as the name implies, in the city of Oradea, in Bihor county, Romania. It was founded in 1762 by the Baron Bishop Adam Patachich, as The Roman Catholic Bishopric Palace of northern Transylvania.
Criseni is a village in Harghita County, Transylvania, Romania. The village was founded in 1387. The local economy is comprised of crafts, services, agriculture, trade and tourism.
Romanian Technical Museum
The Romanian Technical Museum was founded in 1909 by Dimitrie Leonida, inspired by Munchen technical museum, visited during his studies in Charlottenburg Politechnic institute. In 1908, with the help of the first promotions of mechanics and electriciens from his school, the first in Romania, Leonida has collected first pieces for the museum. What was different in Leonida museum was the educational orientation of the museum and also the interactivity.
Museum of Dacian and Roman Civilisation
The Museum of Dacian and Roman Civilisation is a museum in Deva, Romania. A brief history of Deva and its other neighbouring citadels as well as extensive archaeological discoveries from the numerous sights in and around the Or??tie Mountains are exhibited in the museum.
National Museum of Transylvanian History
The National Museum of Transylvanian History is a museum in the city of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. It features a permanent exhibition, as well as temporary exhibitions, the "Tezaur" exhibition, and Pharmacy Historical collection—this last opened in the Hintz House, an historical building in the city's center. The beginnings of the museum date back in the 19th century (1859) with the foundation of the Society of the Transylvanian Museum, featuring collections of antiquities, botanics, zoology and mineralogy. In 1929 the collection of artefacts was transmited to the Institute of Classical Studies. After repetive movements, determined by the lack of an adequate space, the collection was reopened in 1937 at its current site in Pia?a Muzeului, in the city's center.
The Teleki Library, also known as Teleki-Bolyai Library and Bibliotheca Telekiana, is a historic public library and current museum in Târgu-Mure?, Romania. One of the richest Transylvanian collections of cultural artefacts, it was founded by the Hungarian Count Sámuel Teleki in 1802, at the time when Transylvania was part of the Habsburg Monarchy, and has been open to the reading public ever since. It was among the first institutions of its kind inside the Habsburg-ruled Kingdom of Hungary.
Steam Locomotives Museum
The Steam Locomotives Museum (Muzeul locomotivelor cu abur) is a museum in Sibiu, Romania. It houses a collection of steam locomotives and engines. sInaugurated in 1994, the museum comprises 23 standard gauge locomotives, 10 narrow gauge locomotives, 3 snowploughs and 2 steam cranes. 7 of these locomotives are active, and are used on a variety of special trains for enthusiasts and other groups.
Transylvanian History Museum
The Transylvanian History Museum was founded in 1859 by the Ardeal Museum Society. Since 1937, the museum has been located on Constantin Daicoviciu street, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The Vergu-Manaila house is the oldest surviving building in Buz?u, Romania. An 18th century boyar's mansion, renovated between 1971 and 1974, it hosts a museum of ethnography and folk art.
"ASTRA" National Museum Complex
"ASTRA" National Museum Complex (Complexul National Muzeal "ASTRA") is a museum complex in Sibiu, Romania, which gathers under the same authority four ethnology and civilisation museums in the city, a series of laboratories for conservation and research, and a documentation centre. It is the successor of the ASTRA museum that has existed in the city since 1905.
Brukenthal National Museum
The Brukenthal National Museum (Muzeul National Brukenthal) is a museum in Sibiu, Romania, housed in the palace of Samuel von Brukenthal — who was Habsburg governor of Transylvania and who established its first collections around 1790. The collections were officially opened to the public in 1817, making it the oldest institution of its kind in Romania.
National Museum of Art of Romania
The National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al României) is located in the former royal palace in Revolution Square, central Bucharest, Romania, completed in 1937. It features notable collections of medieval and modern Romanian art, as well as the international collection assembled by the Romanian royal family.s
National Museum of Romanian History
The National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a României) is a museum on Calea Victoriei in Bucharest, Romania, which contains Romanian historical artifacts from prehistoric times up to modern times. The permanent displays include a plaster cast of the entirety of Trajan's Column, the Romanian Crown Jewels, and the Pietroasele treasure.
The Zambaccian Museum in Bucharest, Romania is a museum in the former home of Krikor Zambaccian (1889 –1962), an Armenian businessman and art collector. The museum was founded in 1947, closed by the Ceau?escu regime in 1977, and re-opened in 1992. It is now a branch of The National Museum of Art of Romania. Its collection includes works by Romanian artists—including a masterful portrait of Zambaccian himself by Corneliu Baba—and works by several French impressionists. It is located not far from Pia?a Doroban?ilor on a street now renamed after Zambaccian.
The National Geology Museum is hosted by the building built in 1906 for the Geological Institute of Romania. The building was designed by the Victor ?tef?nescu using the neo-Brâncovenesc style, and was declared an architectural monument. The museum hosts a collection of 80,000 samples of rocks, fossils, and minerals from Romania.
Cotroceni Palace is a palace of Bucharest which is the residence of the President of Romania, located at Bulevardul Geniului, nr. 1. On Cotroceni hill, in 1679, ?erban Cantacuzino built a monastery. This was the place where a palace was built by French architect Paul Gottereau for King Carol I of Romania in 1888. In 1977, Nicolae Ceau?escu made the palace a guest house, and the old church of Cantacuzino was demolished in 1985. Since 1991, Cotroceni Palace has been the residence of the Romanian President. The National Cotroceni Museum is open to the public.
National Military Museum
The National Military Museum (Romanian: Muzeul Militar Na?ional), located at 125-127 Mircea Vulcanescu St., Bucharest, Romania, was established in 1923 by King Ferdinand. It has been at its present site since 1988, in a building finished in 1898.
Jewish Museum in Bucharest
The Jewish Museum in Bucharest, Romania is located in the former Templul Unirea Sfânt? (United Holy Temple) synagogue, which survived both World War II and Nicolae Ceau?escu unscathed.
The Luminis Villa, George Enescu Memorial House is located in the Cump?tu District, the only district of Sinaia, Romania located on the right bank of Prahova River. It was owned by the Romanian composer and musician George Enescu (1881–1955).
Museum of the Romanian Peasant
The Museum of the Romanian Peasant (Muzeul Taranului Român) is a museum in Bucharest, Romania, with a collection of textiles (especially costumes), icons, ceramics, and other artifacts of Romanian peasant life. One of Europe's leading museums of popular arts and traditions, it was designated "European Museum of the Year" for 1996.
Museum of Art Collections
The Museum of Art Collections is a branch of the National Museum of Art of Romania and is situated in Bucharest. It contains 44 collections donated to the Romanian State beginning with 1927 by the families of: Hurmuz Aznavorian, Dumitru and Maria ?tef?nescu, Josefina and Eugen Taru, Emanoil Romulus Anca and Ortansa Dinulescu Anca, Garabet Avakian, Mircea Petrescu and Artemiza Petrescu, Sandu Lieblich, Sic? Alexandrescu, Clara and Anatol E. Baconsky, Sorin Schächter, Céline Emilian, Marcu Beza – Hortensia and Vasile Beza, Alexandra and Barbu Sl?tineanu, Béatrice and Hrandt Avakian.
Mogosoaia Palace is situated about 10 kilometres from Bucharest, Romania. It was built between 1698-1702 by Constantin Brâncoveanu in what is called the Romanian Renaissance style or Brâncovenesc style, a combination of Venetian and Ottoman elements. The palace bears the name of the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogo?, who owned the land it was built on. The Palace was to a large extent rebuilt in the 1920s by Marthe Bibesco.
National Museum of Contemporary Art
The National Museum of Contemporary Art (Muzeul National de Arta Contemporana, or MNAC, in Romanian) is a contemporary art museum in Bucharest, Romania. The museum is located in a new glass wing of the Palace of the Parliament, the largest building in Europe.
Foisorul de Foc
Foisorul de Foc (literally The Fire Tower) is a 42-metre high building in Bucharest, Romania, between Obor, Calea Mosilor and Nerva-Traian. It was used in the past as an observation tower by the firemen. In 1963, it was turned into a Firefighters' Museum.
Palace of the Parliament
The Palace of the Parliament (Palatul Parlamentului) in Bucharest, Romania is a multi-purpose building containing both chambers of the Parliament of the Romanian Republic. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the Palace is the world's largest civilian administrative building, most expensive administrative building, and heaviest building.
Theodor Pallady Museum
The Theodor Pallady Museum is a museum situated in one of the oldest surviving merchant houses in Bucharest, Romania. It includes many works by the well-known Romanian painter Theodor Pallady, as well as a number of European and Oriental furniture pieces.
The Village Museum (Muzeul Satului in Romanian) is an open-air ethnographic museum located in the Her?str?u Park (Bucharest, Romania), showcasing traditional Romanian village life. The museum extends to over 100,000 m2, and contains 272 authentic peasant farms and houses from all over Romania.
Bánffy Castle is a baroque building of the 18th century in Cluj-Napoca, designed by the German architect Johann Eberhard Blaumann. Built between 1774 and 1775 it is considered the most representative for the baroque style of Transylvania.
Curtea Veche (the Old Princely Court), built as a place or residence during the rule of Vlad III Dracula in the 15th century, now operates as a museum in the centre of Bucharest, Romania. The residence was moved under the rule of Radu cel Frumos, who moved the princely residence and the Wallachian capital to Bucharest. In the 16th century Mircea Ciobanul rebuilt it completely and afterward it became the nucleus of the Bucharest, surrounded by the houses of traders and craftsmen.