Eretz Israel Museum
The Eretz Israel Museum was established in 1953 in Ramat Aviv, Israel. The museum displays comprehensive archeological, anthropological and historical artifacts. The Museum Park comprises many exhibition pavilions within a huge campus. Each pavilion is dedicated to a different subject: glassware, ceramics, coins, copper and more, as well as a planetarium.
Ethiopian Heritage Museum
The Ethiopian Heritage Museum is a museum highlighting the culture and heritage of the Ethiopian Jewish community to be built in Rehovot, Israel. The museum, planned as a research, interpretive and spiritual center, is the brainchild of Tomer, an association whose members are veteran Ethiopian immigrants and former Mossad agents who took part in the first operations to bring Ethiopian Jews to Israel.
The Haifa Museum established in 1949, houses the Museum of Ancient Art, which specializes in archeological finds discovered in Israel and the Mediterranean basin and the Museum of Modern Art. Also under the Museum's aegis are the Museum of Prehistory, the Israeli National Maritime Museum and the Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art.
Israel Railway Museum
Israel Railway Museum is the national railway museum of Israel, located in Haifa. The railway museum is owned by the Israel Railways and is located at the now closed Haifa East Railway Station.
National Maritime Museum
The National Maritime Museum in Haifa, Israel was founded in 1953. It is based on the private collection of its founder and first director, Aryeh Ben- Eli.
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Independence Hall, originally the Dizengoff House is best known as the site of the signing of Israel's Declaration of Independence. It is located on the historic Rothschild Boulevard in Tel Aviv, Israel. Today a museum, it houses exhibits on the signing of the Declaration of Independence and on the history of Tel Aviv-Jaffa. From 1932 to 1971, it housed the Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame
The International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame was opened July 7, 1981, in Netanya, Israel. It is located on the campus of the Wingate Institute for Physical Education and Sport. It has inducted over 300 athletes and sportspersons representing over 20 countries. The Hall elects new honorees each year, with submissions due December 1st for votes for the following year. It honors Jewish athletes who have accomplished great things from anywhere around the world.
Ghetto Fighters' House
The Ghetto Fighters' House, full name: Itzhak Katzenelson Holocaust and Jewish Resistance Heritage Museum and Study Center, was founded in 1949 by members of Kibbutz Lohamei Hagetaot, a community of Holocaust survivors, among them fighters of the ghetto undergrounds and partisan units. The museum is located in the Western Galilee, Israel, on the Coastal Highway between Acre (Akko) and Nahariya.
Israel National Museum of Science, Technology, and Space
The MadaTech Israel National Museum of Science, Technology, and Space is a science and technology museum in the city of Haifa, Israel. While it was established in 1984, the building dates back to the 1910s and was originally designed by the renowned German Jewish architect, Alexander Baerwald who began work on the building in 1912. It was home to the Technion — Israel Institute of Technology?, and was the country's first institution of higher education.
Yad La-Shiryon is Israel's official memorial site for fallen soldiers from the armored corps, as well as one of the most diverse tank museums in the world. The cornerstone for Yad La-Shiryon was laid on December 14, 1982. The site was created through the initiative of veteran officers of the armored corps in cooperation with the armored corps.
Beit HaPalmach is a museum located in Ramat Aviv, Israel dedicated to the Palmach, the strike-force of the pre-state underground Hagana defense organization, which was later integrated into the Israel Defense Forces. Opened in 2000, Beit HaPalmach commemorates the contribution of the Palmach to the creation of the State of Israel.
The New Museum consists of the Holocaust History Museum-and within it the Hall of Names- the Museum of Holocaust Art, and the Exhibitions Pavilion.
The Reuben and Edith Hecht Museum at the University of Haifa was inaugurated in 1984. It was the initiative of the late Dr. Reuben Hecht, founder of the Dagon Silos in the port of Haifa and a founding member of the University of Haifa Board of Governors. The founding of the Museum that was to bear his and his wife's name may be cited as Dr. Hecht's crowing achievement in support of the University.
The Israel Museum is the largest cultural institution in the State of Israel and is ranked among the leading art and archaeology museums in the world. Founded in 1965, the Museum houses encyclopedic collections, including the most extensive holdings of biblical and Holy Land archaeology in the world. In just forty years, the Museum has built a far-ranging collection of nearly 500,000 objects thanks to a legacy of gifts and the support from its circle of patrons worldwide.
Museum of Underground Prisoners
The Museum of Underground Prisoners is a museum in Jerusalem commemorating the activity of underground groups Haganah, Irgun and Lehi in the Israeli pre-state period, It's located on 1 Misheol Hagvurah Street in the Russian Compound in the former Central Prison of the British Mandate period. Recreatiing the every day life of those imprisoned here it contains the original jail cells, workshops, a synagogue, rooms for solitary confinement, death row and gallows.
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
The Tel Aviv Museum of Art was established in 1932 in Tel Aviv, in the home of Tel Aviv's first mayor, Meir Dizengoff. The building was also the site of the signing of Israel's Declaration of Independence and is now called the Independence Hall. It moved to its current location on King Saul Avenue in 1971.
Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art
The Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art, which is located in Haifa, Israel, is devoted entirely to displaying and conserving Japanese art works, and is the only one of its kind in the Middle East. It was founded in 1959, with the assistance and initiative of Felix Tikotin (1893-1986) of the Netherlands, and the late Abba Hushi, who was Mayor of Haifa at that time.
L.A. Mayer Institute for Islamic Art
The L.A. Mayer Institute for Islamic Art was established by the late Mrs. Vera Bryce Salomons in 1974 and is situated near the President's residence and the Jerusalem Theater. The museum is situated in Jerusalem and exhibits pottery, textiles, jewelry, ceremonial objects and the like, covering a thousand years of Islamic art, from Spain to India.
Mishkan LeOmanut, located in Ein Harod Meuhad, was the first rural museum in Israel and the first museum run by a kibbutz. One of the kibbutz members, painter Chaim Atar, organized an "art corner" in a small wooden hut which developed into a museum specializing in the work of Jewish artists from the Diaspora and Jewish folk art. Today it is one of Israel's major art institutions.
Tower Of David Museum
Set in the magnificently restored ancient Citadel' first constructed 2,000 years ago by Herod the Great, the Tower of David Museum traces Jerusalem long and eventful history through state-of-the-art displays and exhibits' utilizing the most advanced technologies.
The Ticho House is a museum located in one of the first houses in Jerusalem built outside the Old City Walls at the end of the nineteenth century. The museum portrays life in Jerusalem in the beginning of the 20th Century.
A new interactive museum on Mt. Herzl offers a glimpse into the life of Theodor Herzl, the man behind the dream of a Jewish homeland.
The Palmach Museum is an experiential museum, covering the Palmach legacy through the stories of individuals and groups. Visitors to the museum join the group of young Palmach recruits from its establishment, and advanced through the story of the Palmach until the end of the War of Independence. The manner of presentation is extremely innovative.
Mane-Katz left his paintings and extensive personal collection of Jewish ethnography to the city of Haifa, Israel. Four years before his death, the mayor of Haifa, Abba Hushi, provided him with a building on Mt. Carmel to house his work, which became the Mane-Katz Museum. The exhibit includes Mane-Katz's oils, showing a progressive change in style over the years, a signed portrait of the artist by Picasso dated 1932 and a large collection of Jewish ritual objects.
Bible Lands Museum
The Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem illustrates the cultures of peoples mentioned in the Bible such as the Philistines, Arameans, the Hittites and the Elamites, the Phoenicians and the Persians. It is an historical and archaeological museum, not a museum of religion. The museum aims to put the lands in which the Bible originated into historical context.
The Russian Compound is one of the oldest districts in central Jerusalem, including a large Russian Orthodox church and several former pilgrim hostels which are used as government buildings and for the Museum of Underground Prisoners. The compound covers 68 dunams (68,000 m²) between Jaffa Road, Shivtei Israel Street, and The Prophets Street.
The Rockefeller Museum, formerly the Palestine Archaeological Museum, is an archaeological museum located in East Jerusalem that houses a large collection of artifacts unearthed in the excavations conducted in Palestine beginning in the late 19th century. The museum building is also the head office of the Israel Antiquities Authority.
Shrine of the Book
The Shrine of the Book, a wing of the Israel Museum near Givat Ram in western Jerusalem, houses the Dead Sea Scrolls—discovered 1947–56 in 11 caves in and around the Wadi Qumran. (The shrine was initially to be built, but was not, on the Givat Ram campus of the Hebrew University, adjoining the National Library.)
Center for Human Dignity
The Center for Human Dignity is the Simon Wiesenthal Center-planned Museum of Tolerance in the Mamilla neighbourhood of Jerusalem, Israel. The construction of the approximately 200-million dollar Museum began in June 2005 and was expected to be finished in 2007, but after it was discovered that the building site was located over an ancient Muslim burial site, its construction was frozen by a Supreme Court order issued on February 2006.
MEMORIAL MUSEUM OF HUNGARIAN SPEAKING JEWRY
Depicts the Jewish communities in Hungary, Transylvania, Slovakia, Carpathian-Russia, Bachka, Banat, and Burgenland.