National Museum of Iran
The National Museum of Iran is an archeological and historical museum located in Tehran. It preserves ancient Persian antiquities including pottery vessels, metal objects, books, coins etc. It was inaugurated in 1937. The museum consists of two buildings. Building number one is dedicated to the pre-Islamic collection, while Building number two consists of post-Islamic artifacts.
Carpet Museum of Iran
In 1978, the founders of the Carpet Museum of Iran established this Museum with a limited number of Persian carpets and kilims, in order to revive and develop the art of carpet-weaving in the country, and to provide a source to satisfy the need for research about the historical background and evolution of this art. The Carpet Museum of Iran, with its beautiful architecture and facade resembling a carpet-weaving loom is located on the northwest of Laleh Park in Tehran.
Glass Ware museum
The premises that have been turned into museum where glass and clay works are on display were built about 90 years ago upon orders of Ahmad Qavam (Qavam-ol-Saltaneh) for his personal lodging (residence and working office). The building is situated in a garden with a span of 7000 square meters and was used by Qavam himself till the year 1953.
National Car Museum
The National Car Museum of Iran opened in Karaj, Iran in the year 2001. Inside the museums are classic cars owned by the last Shah of the Pahlavi Dynasty, Mohammad Reza Shah. There are two parts to the complex. One is a large museum which is open to the public and there is a restoration center at the back side where no visitors can enter.
Film Museum of Iran
The idea of the Film Museum Of Iran was seriously put forward in August 1994 . The task of gathering documents , picture , equipment and other remaining manifestations and memorabilia of Iranian cinema started when an old building in down town Tehran was put at the disposal of the museum , the gathering of such a collection , whose variety extent at times amazed even the original founders and staff of the museum , was a hard , long and tortuous procedure.
Fin Garden, or Bagh-e Fin, located in Kashan, Iran, is a historical Persian garden. It contains Kashan's Fin Bath, where Amir Kabir, the Qajarid chancellor, was murdered by an assassin sent by King Nasereddin Shah in 1852.
Eram Garden is a famous historic Persian garden in Shiraz, Iran. Bagh-é Eram (Garden of Paradise) is a large garden with a wonderful looking palace in it. Built in the Qajar era, the compound was used by the feudal elite and tribal leaders of Fars Province, and later used by the royalty of Iran. It is today still a property of Shiraz University, and is open to the public as a museum, protected by Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization.
Niavaran Palace Complex
Niavaran Palace Complex is situated in the northern part of Tehran, Iran. It consists of several buildings and a museum. The Sahebqraniyeh Palace from the time of Nasir al-Din Shah of Qajar dynasty is also inside this complex. The main Niavaran Palace, completed in 1968, was the primary residence of the last Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and the Imperial family until the Iranian Revolution.
Shazdeh Garden meaning Prince’s Garden is a historical Persian garden located near (6km away from) Mahan in Kerman province, Iran. The garden is 5.5 hectares with a rectangular shape and a wall around it. It consists of an entrance structure and gate at the lower end and a two-floor residential structure at the upper end. The distance between these two is ornamented with water fountains that are engined by the natural incline of the land.
Tehran's Museum of Contemporary Art
Tehran's Museum of Contemporary Art is one of Iran's finest museums, located in Tehran. Inaugurated in 1977, and built adjacent to Tehran's Laleh Park, the museum was designed by Iranian architect Kamran Diba, who employed elements from traditional Persian architecture. It is considered to have the largest collection of valuable Western modern art outside Europe and the U.S.A.
Afif-Abad Garden is a museum complex in Shiraz, Iran. A relief of a Qajar soldier on one of the walls of the mansion. Located in the affluent Afif-Abad district of Shiraz, the complex was constructed in 1863. It contains a former royal mansion, a historical weapons museum, and a Persian garden, all open to the public.
Azerbaijan museum is the major archaeology museum in the northwestern part of Iran, near to Khaqani Park and Tabriz Blue mosque. It is located in Tabriz and it contains objects obtained from excavations in Iranian Azerbaijan. There is also a place for recently sculptural works of artists.
The Sadabad Palace is a palace built by the Pahlavi dynasty of Iran in the Shemiran area of Tehran. The complex was first inhabited by Qajar monarchs and royal family in the 19th century. After an expansion of the compounds, Reza Shah lived there in the 1920s. And his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi moved there in the 1970s.
Morvarid Palace is a palace built by Shams (a royalty of the Pahlavi dynasty) in the 1960s. It is located near Hesarak and Mehrshahr, in the western suburbs of Karaj, Iran. The palace was designed by The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. The majority of the complex is currently occupied by a local Baseej chapter who are neglecting its upkeep. Small parts are open to the public as a result of pressure from the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran.
Malek National Museum
Malek National Museum and Library is a museum and national library in Tehran, Iran. It contains 18000 manuscripts among other historical items. Its most precious possessions are 13 paintings by Kamal-ol-molk, and a collection of oil paintings by Benetti, Lorrin, and Halaf.
Reza Abbasi Museum
The collection of objects on display in the Reza Abbasi Museum recalls an era that is unknown, mysterious, and full of the endeavors of humans for survival, fighting nature, gaining benefits and victory over the environment.
The oldest of the historic monuments in Tehran, the Golestan Palace (Palace of Flowers) belongs to a group of royal buildings that were once enclosed within the mud-thatched walls of Tehran’s Historic Arg (citadel).
Museum of Medical Sciences History
The first modern center for medical training in Iran was founded in 1851. It was a part of the Institute for Higher Education (Dar-ol-Fonoon). The School of Medicine was established as a part of the University of Tehran in 1934. After the Islamic Revolution, medical and associated departments were separated from the Ministry of Higher Education and incorporated in the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education.
The G.S.I museum is a specific place which contains some samples of rocks, minerals, fossils and ancient , mining tools from different parts of Iran and other countries. Nearly 400 rock samples, 1300 mineral samples more than 1200 fossils and 65 ancient mining tools discovered from Persian mines with archaeological objects have been preserved in the museum.
Professor Bassir Mineralogy Museum
Welcome to the Professor Bassir Mineralogy Museum at the Isfahan University of Technology. A museum for housing minerals, ores, raw materials for industry, concentrates and alloys was established in 1997 in an area of about 480 m2.