MUSEUMS CZECH REPUBLIC
Chrudim Regional Museum
Chrudim Regional Museum collects historical materials and artisan works related to the area around city of Chrudim, Czech Republic (Chrudimsko).
St Thomas's Abbey
St Thomas's Abbey in Brno is an Augustinian monastery located in the Czech Republic. The geneticist and Abbot Gregor Mendel was its most famous religious leader to date, and between 1856 and 1863 conducted his experiments on sweet pea plants in the monastery garden. His experiments brought forth two generalizations which later became known as Mendel's Laws of Inheritance.
Mining Museum Príbram
Mining Museum Príbram is a large open air museum of mining with historical buildings and expositions of mining history and mineralogy. It is located in P?íbram's B?ezové Hory quarter, former important Czech mining centre. It is one of the biggest museums in the Czech Republic. It was founded in 1886.
Moravské Zemské Muzeum
Moravské zemské muzeum is second biggest and oldest museum in the Czech Republic. The museum was founded in July 1817 in Brno. Its collections include over 6 millions of objects from many fields of science and culture.
Museum of Roma Culture
The Museum of Roma Culture (Muzeum romské kultury in Czech) is an institution dedicated to the history and culture of the Roma (Gypsies). It is situated in Brno, Czech Republic.
Vysoké Mýto Regional Museum
Vysoké Mýto Regional Museum covers history of the area around the town Vysoké Mýto, Czech Republic. In 1871, on direct impulse by a town councellor, collection of coins and paintings was gathered from the gifts of the local citizens and put in one room in the town hall. Initial passion soon faded out and by 1877 the activity had stopped. Six years later young architect Josef Škorpil initiated reestablishing the museum.
House of the Black Madonna
The House of the Black Madonna is a cubist building in the "Old Town" area of Prague, Czech republic. It was designed by Josef Gocár. It is currently in use as a small museum of Cubism and is open to the public. The House of the Black Madonna (U Cerne Matky Bozi), sometimes referred to as Black Mother of the Lord, was designed and built between 1911 and 1912 on the corner of Celetna Street and Ovocny trh. Josef Gocar built this house as the first example of cubist architecture in Prague and it remains probably the most celebrated.
Museum of the fortifications Hlucín
Museum of the fortifications Hlucín is museum of military fortifications near the city of Hlu?ín, Czech Republic. The forts MO S-18 "Obora", MO S-19 "Alej" and MO S-20 "Orel" are in this museum.
National Gallery in Prague
The National Gallery in Prague is the Czech National Gallery in Prague. It is housed in different locations within the city, the largest being the Veletržní Palác. Its history dates back to the 18th century (exactly February 5, 1796), when a group of prominent representatives of Bohemia patriotic aristocracy and Enlightened middle-class intellectuals decided to elevate what they called "debased artistic taste" of the local population.
Bertramka is a villa in Prague where Mozart was a frequent guest. Bertramka is now a museum dedicated to the memory of Mozart and to the former owners and Mozart’s hosts: Mr and Mrs Dušek.
Antonín Dvorák Museum
The Antonín Dvorák Museum in Prague is a museum dedicated to the great Czech composer Antonín Dvo?ák (1841-1904). It is part of the Czech Museum of Music which in turn is part of the complex of the National Museum. It is housed in a baroque building which was designed by the famous architect Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer at the beginning of the 18th century. Although the house itself has no particular link with the composer the Antonín Dvo?ák museum has been housed there since 1932. It is situated in the north part of the New Town, about 15 minutes walk from the city centre.
The Smetana Museum in Prague is a museum which is dedicated to the life and works of the great Czech composer Bed?ich Smetana (1824-1884). It is situated in the centre of Prague in a small block of buildings right next to Charles Bridge on the right bank of the river Vltava in the Old Town.
Lapidarium is a part of the National Museum in Prague, Czech Republic. In 1995, the Lapidarium was named one of the ten most beautiful museum exhibitions in Europe.
Maisel Synagogue (Czech: Maiselova synagoga) is a synagogue in Josefov, Prague, Czech Republic. It was built in 1590-1592, designed by Josef Wahl i Juda Goldsmied and paid by Mordechai Maisel. The synagogue burnt down in 1689 and was then rebuilt in baroque style. It was again rebuilt in 1893-1905. It serves today as a Jewish Museum.
Jewish Ceremonial Hall
The Jewish Ceremonial Hall can be found in the Jewish Quarter (Josefov) of Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. It was built in 1911-12 under the direction of architect J. Gerstl for the Jewish Burial Society (Hevrah Kaddishah) and is in the neo-renaissance style. Originally used as a ceremonial hall and mortuary it now forms part of The Jewish Museum of Prague holding exhibitions relating to Jewish history.
The Naprstek Museum is a museum of Asian, African and American art in the city of Prague. It is part of the Prague National Museum. It was founded by Vojta Náprstek (1826-1894).
The National museum is a Czech museum institution intended to systematically establish, prepare and publicly exhibit natural scientific and historical collections. It was founded 1818 in Prague by Kašpar Maria Šternberg. Historian František Palacký was also strongly involved.
National Technical Museum
The National Technical Museum in Prague is the largest institution dedicated to preserving information and artifacts related to the history of technology in the Czech Republic. The museum was founded in 1908 and has been in its current location (adjacent to Letná Park) since 1941.
Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius
The Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius is an 18th century church in the center of Prague, Czech Republic. Its name honors Saints Cyril and Methodius.
Museum of Communism
The Museum of Communism, located at Na P?íkop? 10 in Prague, Czech Republic, is a museum dedicated to presenting an account of the post–World War II Communist regime in Czechoslovakia in general and Prague in particular. Ironically situated above a McDonald's and next door to a casino just off Wenceslas Square, the Museum offers an immersive look at life behind the Iron Curtain. Genuine artifacts, informative text, and multimedia presentations keep alive the memory of what the Museum calls "Communism—the Dream, the Reality, and the Nightmare".
The world´s first Mucha Museum, dedicated to the life and work of the world-acclaimed Czech ART NOUVEAU artist Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939), is housed in the Baroque Kaunický Palace in the very heart of Prague.
WAX museum Prague
The first Wax Museum in Prague was opened at Rapid Palace in March 1997, in the presence of many representatives from politics and culture. The establishment of such a museum, using solely Czech artists - sculptors, make – up artists, architects and designers - had been the long held dream of Zdenek Kocik, the museum’s owner.
Museum of Decorative Arts
The Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague collects and preserves for future generations — in both national and international contexts — examples of historical and contemporary crafts, as well as applied arts and design. We believe in harmony between function, quality and beauty; our ambition is to inspire, educate and entertain in a unique way.
Our Brewery Museum, the only one of its kind in Czech Republic, tries to document the way from home products made by burghers authorized for brewing, to the drink of today's standard quality. Founded in 1959 in an historical building, in which there was a malthouse as early as the 15th century, and a famous beerhouse in the 19th century the Museum has collected many examples of maltsters', brewers' and innkeepers' trades.
Czech Pharmaceutical Museum
Since the end of the 19th century, the Czech pharmacists and pharmacy historigraphers have endeavoured to build up a museum of their profession, but until the present moment have reached only partial and provisional results. The collection which has been gathered by now is administered by the Pharmacy Faculty of Charles University which is charged with the mission of establishing the central Czech Pharmaceutical Museum (CPM).
The Hussite Museum in Tabor is amongst the larger museums in the country, and it is one of the most visited museums in the Czech Republic. To its visitors, it offers three permanent exhibitions in Tabor, three in Sobeslav and two in Veseli nad Luznici. Apart from these, it also offers visits to several historical buildings in these localities, and several temporary exhibitions.