National Archaeological Museum
The National Archaeological Museum is an archaeological museum in the centre of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It occupies the building of the largest and oldest former Ottoman mosque in the city, Büyük camii ("Grand Mosque"), built from stone around 1474 under Mehmed II.
Earth and Man National Museum
The Earth and Man National Museum is a mineralogical museum in the centre of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It's one of the biggest mineralogical museums in the world. It was founded on 30 December 1985 and opened for visitors on 19 June 1987.
National Military History Museum
The National Military History Museum is a Bulgarian museum based in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, and dedicated to military history. A structure of the Ministry of Defence, it has existed under various names and subordinate to various institutions since 1st August 1914 (in practice since 4th July 1916). It disposes of 5,000 m² of indoor and 40,000 m² outdoor (of which 500 m² covered) exhibition area, a library and a computer centre.
National Historical Museum
The National Historical Museum in Sofia is Bulgaria's largest museum. It was founded on 5 May 1973 and its first representative exposition was opened in 1984 to commemorate 1300 years of Bulgarian history. The museum was moved to a former governmental residence in 2000 and currently stores and owns over 650,000 objects connected to archaeology, fine arts, history and ethnography, exhibiting about 10% of all.
ational Museum of Natural History
The museum was founded in 1889 and opened to visitors in 1907. Nowadays the museum has three major sections: Geology, Zoology and Botany. Apart from several meteorites, the 'Earth and Space' exhibition features unique lunar samples and an impressive dinosaur skeleton. A special exhibition shows live pythons, crocodiles, and iguanas.
The museum displays folk costumes, fabrics, jewelry,wood cuttings, hammered ironwork, etc. A small craft shop sells crafts, costumes and musical instruments from all over Bulgaria. In the former Royal Palace on Tsar Osvohoditel Blvd., along with the National Art Gallery.
The National Polytechnical Museum
At the National Museum of Polytechnic are preserved the collections of appliances and machines specifying the different techniques and technologies. Amongst them with their attractiveness is outlined the collection of clocks. The National Museum of Polytechnic possesses the only one in our country complete collection of mining lamps used on Bulgarian lands since ancient times until today. Part of it is the personal collection of transportable mining lighting of eng. Eugeni Mairovitch, which was accomplished by him for a period of many years – from 1926 until 1971, when it was bought by the museum.
The Kaliopa House, a popular name for the Bulgarian "Urban lifestyle of Rousse" museum, was built in 1864. According to a legend, the house was bestowed upon the beautiful Kaliopa (born Maria Kalish), the wife of the Prussian consul Kalish, by the governor of the Danubian Vilayet, Midhat Pasha, who was in love with her.
Etar Architectural-Ethnographic Complex
The Etar Architectural-Ethnographic Complex is an open-air museum 8 km south of Gabrovo in northern Bulgaria that presents the Bulgarian customs, culture and craftsmanship. It spans over an area of 7 ha and contains a total of 50 objects, including water installations and houses with craftsmen's workshops attached. As a whole, the complex's goal is to illustrate the architecture, way of life and economy of Gabrovo and the region during the Bulgarian National Revival.
Pleven Regional Historical Museum
The Pleven Regional Historical Museum, founded in 1953, is one of the largest museums in Bulgaria. The museum is situated in a two-story edifice near the centre of Pleven that is a monument of culture of national importance and has an area of 7,000 m². Its main stock includes includes over 180,000 units and the museum library houses over 10,000 volumes of scientific literature and periodicals.
Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum
The Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum is a historical museum in the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Established in 1951, it covers the history of Plovdiv from the 15th century until today (the older history is presented in the Plovdiv Archaeological Museum). It has three departments, each occupying a separate historic building.
The Radetzky was an Austro-Hungarian passenger steamship built in 1851 in the shipyard in Óbuda, Hungary, and used for regular services on the Danube, mainly between Or?ova, Austria-Hungary and Gala?i, Romania. Named after Bohemian nobleman and Austrian general Joseph Radetzky von Radetz (1766–1858), it is most notable as part of the history of Bulgaria as the ship which revolutionary and poet Hristo Botev and his band bloodlessly hijacked and used to reach Kozloduy, Bulgaria.
Rousse Regional Historical Museum
The Rousse Regional Historical Museum is one of the 11 regional museums of Bulgaria. It acts within the Rousse, Razgrad, and Silistra regions. The museum occuipies the building of the former Battenberg Palace, previously a local court, built 1879–1882 by Friedrich Grünanger.
Varna Archaeological Museum
The Varna Archaeological Museum is an archaeological museum in the city of Varna on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. Founded on 3 June 1888, when a museum, part of the City Library was established, the Varna Archaeological Museum is situated in a historic building designed in the Neo-Renaissance style by the noted architect Petko Momchilov and built in 1892–1898 for the Varna Girls' School. It became state property in 1945 and since 1993 the museum occupies all of the building, parts of which it has used since 1895.
Lyuben Karavelov Museum
A coblestone path leads from the main gate to a pretty yard garden huddled among three houses which took 25 years for local master-builders to erect. The three buildings form a an intriguing architectural ensemble. The oldest house was build in 1810 and was called The Winter House.
Archaeological Museum Plovdiv
The Archaeological museum in Plovdiv is one of the first Bulgarian cultural institutions, opened officially in 1882. It evolved from an archaeological-numismatic study during the final 20 years of the last century.
Bulgarian Museum of Aviation
The museum is unique in Bulgaria and presents the history of Bulgaria's aviation, military and civilian. In its possession are 60 aircraft, 12 airplane engines and over 2 799 other museum units. Located 15 km south of Plovdiv, near the airport. Open from 08.00 to 16.00 every day Monday through Friday - the exposition in the open is open every day.
National Transport Museum
The National Transport Museum in Rousse, Bulgaria, is situated on the bank of the Danube, in the country's first railway station, built in 1866. Exhibits are laid out both inside and outside the old station. Among the exhibits outside the building are more than ten steam engines, including the oldest steam engine preserved in the country, built in England in 1865, and various railroad carriages, including the personal carriages of the Kings Ferdinand of Bulgaria and Boris III of Bulgaria, as well as the carriage of the Turkish sultan of 1866.
Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum
The Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum includes displays representative of the lifestyle of the working class and the wealthy over the ages. The museum is contained within the house of Agir Koyumdjioglu. The lavishly articulate facade makes a striking figure. The house is now designated as a National Monument of Culture. The "Royal House" as it was called, has 12 big rooms and about 130 windows.