In 1948 Airlangga University was still a branch of the University of Indonesia and had two faculties, namely faculty of medicine and faculty of dentistry. On the ninth commemoration of the Heroes Day on November 10,1954, based on the Government Regulation No.57/1954, Airlangga University was established with 5 faculties: Faculty of Medicine Faculty of Dentistry Faculty of Law Faculty of Letters in Denpasar, Bali Faculty of Education Science, Malang In 1961, the Faculty of Economics which was formerly called Surabaya College of Economics became a part of Airlangga University, and the other two faculties located in Malang and Bali became a part of other Universities, namely the faculty of Letters in Denpasar (1962) and the Faculty of Education Science in Malang (1963). Several faculties were added later: Faculty of Pharmacy (1964) Faculty of Veterinary Medicines (1972) Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (1977) Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Scieces (1982) Post Graduate Faculty (1982), which later became the post Graduate Program in 1991 Faculty of Public Health (1993) Faculty of Psychology (1993) Faculty of Letters (1998) Airlangga University was named after the famous King Airlangga who ruled the eastern part of Indonesia archipelagoes from 1019 to 1042. The symbol of the University was taken from the royal seal showing the picture of a giant eagle being, a riding animal of the God Vishnu, holding a jar containing, "Amrta", water symbolizing the "spirit of eternal life". The symbol shows that Airlangga University is the source of eternal science. The university's flag has yellow and blue stripes in equal rows. Yellow symbolizes majesty and blue is for nobility and wisdom. The colors were derived from the veil which covered the statue of Vishnu during the inception ceremony of Airlangga University on November 10, 1954 by the first President of the Republic of Indonesia.
Located on a hilly highland of Limau Manis, Pauh region, approximately 15 Km from Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra. The campus of Andalas University occupies an area of 500 hectare. The area is called Bukik Karamuntiang / Hill of “Rhodomyrtus tomentosa. It is about ± 255 m above sea level. Andalas University, the eldest university outside Java and the fourth eldest in Indonesia, was established by the Decree of the Minister of Culture and Education no. 80016/Kab; December 23rd, 1955. The University was officially opened by its founding fathers, the late Vice President; Drs. Mohammad Hatta, and the Minister of Education and Culture, Sarino Mangoenpranoto on September 13th, 1956. In its early years, the university had five faculties; namely Faculty of Agriculture in Payakumbuh, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science in Bukittinggi, Faculty of Law in Padang, and Faculty of Teacher Training in Batusangkar.
BINA NUSANTARA UNIVERSITY
Thanks to God the Almighty and deepest gratitude is addressed to God who grants us life and gives blessings so that BINUS UNIVERSITY is able to survive, continuously develop, and achieve some acknowledgements. The BINA NUSANTARA Group has succeeded in developing BINUS UNIVERSITY to be an acceptable and valuable educational institution not only for all the Indonesian people from all walks of life as a whole but also for the educational world in particular. BINUS UNIVERSITY as an educations institution has shown its continuous commitment to be the best in delivering quality education that is relevant to industry needs. In order to achieve international quality standard, we continuously make our best effort to provide students with an excellent learning process, up to date course materials, and professional human resources to deliver knowledge and skill. Additionally, we apply the students-centered learning method, develop internationally recognized curricula with our industrial and international partners, and always measure and improve our quality as required by ISO 9001:2000 (since 1997). There are a lot of changes as time passes by. Information technology grows rapidly and brings everyone into a vortex of competition. Potential human resources are needed to fill every opportunity offered by business world. BINUS UNIVERSITY is working on in its vision and mission to be the leading educational institution, innovative, and a step ahead in information technology development. BINUS UNIVERSITY provides education, which is ready to face global challenge. We have passed through wonderful 26 years to serve education to national and international community from pre-school to higher education.
BOGOR AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
IPB's history is interwoven with the history of the city of Bogor. Bogor, a small city near Jakarta, was selected by the Dutch colonial government as the site for the establishment of agricultural research stations. At that time Indonesia was regarded as the main source of primary agricultural products for the Netherlands as well as for much of Europe. With the development of estate crops the need for agricultural technical workers increased. In response to this, the first Junior Level Schools of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary were founded in the late 19th century. The Early History As a result of pressure from the European "Ethic Policy" group in the late 1930's, the Dutch East Indies Government decreed that a system of higher education in Indonesia be established. Bogor was considered a very appropriate location for higher agricultural education, and the Faculty of Agriculture (Faculteit der Landbouw-wetenschappen) was established under the University of Indonesia on September 1, 1940. In 1946, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Faculteit der Diergeneeskunde) was established. Until the late 1950's, these Faculties were operated under Dutch governance employing Dutch faculty members. Following this period, "Indonesianization" of the Dutch establishment took place and all Dutch faculty members went back to the Netherlands. The gaps created were filled temporarily by faculty members from the University of Kentucky, USA. This was the start of US Government assistance in preparing the two Faculties in higher agricultural education institution building. At the same time hundreds of faculty members were sent to the US for advanced training. In the 1950's there was a call for university graduates, including agricultural graduates, to provide leadership in nation building. In 1961, the basic law for higher education was signed by the first President of Indonesia, with the Tridharma (instruction, research, community service) stated as its core philosophy. A ministry of Higher Education and Sciences was established. Professor Thoyib Hadiwidjaja, a faculty member of the Faculty of Agriculture at IPB was appointed as the first minister. Establishment of IPB Following the enactment of new higher education laws, in 1963, national universities were founded in each of the provinces. In this year, the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine were separated from the University of Indonesia. Besides these two faculties, three other faculties were established, namely the Faculty of Fisheries, the Faculty of Animal Husbandry, and the Faculty of Forestry. These five Faculties constituted a new university establishment called the Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB). In the following year (1964) the Faculty of Agricultural Technology and Mechanization was founded. In December 2000, IPB became autonomous university. This status enables the university to manage all assets for academic excellent as well as for entrepreneurial purpose. This opportunity has been utilized to re-engineer governance, program of information technology, financial and infrastucture management to become effective and efficient in performing research, education and community services.
ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF SURABAYA
HISTORY Politeknik Elektronika & Telekomunikasi, in short: PET (1988 to 1992). Although EEPIS officially opened in June, 2,1988 by the President of Indonesia at that time, Suharto its history dates back to 1985 when JICA preliminary Study Team for grant aid and technical cooperation came to EEPIS. The head of the team was Prof. Y. Naito (Tokyo Institute of Technology) came. At that time they were also supported by JICA Curriculum Study Team Although EEPIS officially opened in June, 2,1988 by the President of Indonesia at that time, Suharto its history dates back to 1985 when JICA preliminary Study Team for grant aid and technical cooperation came to EEPIS. The head of the team was Prof. Y. Naito (Tokyo Institute of Technology) came. At that time they were also supported by JICA Curriculum Study Team. Then, in 1987 JICA Technical cooperation started, after observed the possibility of cooperation (1986). This time, The first group of 5 lecturers were sent to colleges of technology in Japan. In March, 15, 1988 EEPIS building and educational equipment were officially granted to Indonesian Government and officially opened in June, 2, 1988. Since this year, our first class has started and then many lecturers were sent to colleges of technology in Japan. Many groups of Japanese Expert also arrived to support us. In 1988, EEPIS was named Politeknik Elektronika & Telekomunikasi, in order to meet the demand of technicians of middle management level, who can give guidance in handling operation, control, maintenance and proper application of new technology and equipment.
GADJAH MADA UNIVERSITY
When Gadjah Mada University was inaugurated, it had six faculties: the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy, the Faculty of Law, Social and Political Sciences, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Letters, Pedagogy, and Philosophy, the Faculty of Agriculture, and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. A number of changes and developments in UGM took place within the two decades from 1952 until 1972. Some of these changes include the split of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry into two separate faculties, the establishment of the Surabaya branch of the Faculty of Law, Social and Political Sciences on July 19, 1952, which was later integrated into Airlangga University in November 1954, the integration of the Faculty of Education and Teacher Training into the State Teacher Training Institute of Yogyakarta, and the establishment of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry in 1969. During the initial years after its establishment, the University used the buildings and other facilities belonging to the Kraton of Yogyakarta with full support from Sri Sultan Hamengku Buwono IX, who was then Honorary Chairman of the Board of Trustees. On December 19, 1959 the Central Administrative Office was inaugurated by President Soekarno, and the University gradually established a campus of its own in Bulaksumur. The University is now located in an area of 300 hectares on which stand 670 buildings with an area of 740,000 square meters.
Indonesia is continually facing the wave of computerization, this happened to be the answer of a question about the needs of computer education for the nation. Hence, in August 7th 1981 a computer education program was launched by the name of Computer Science Education Program. This program provides not only a course deals with computer utilization but also a high education institution that deepen the knowledge of computer science. The proof showed an improvement, thus, a foundation of Mathematics Research Operation and System Analyst Development was formed to accommodate Computer Science Education Program that later turned out to be Indonesia Computer Science Academy. The road to perfection hadn’t stopped yet; the academy was raising level to a High School. For the intention, the school must have the same name as the Foundation’s that runs it. Eventually by the date of August 14th 1984, Kopertis III consolidated the name Gunadarma Computer and Informatics Management High School (STMIK Gunadarma) along with the name of Gunadarma Education Foundation.
INFORMATICS AND COMPUTER COLLEGE STMIK AMIKOM
Sekolah Tinggi Manajemen Informatika dan Komputer (STMIK) AMIKOM Yogyakarta one of the private colleges on Yogyakarta under AMIKOM Yogyakarta Foundation. STMIK AMIKOM YOGYAKARTA is a college as a yield of development of Management Informatics and Computer Academic “AMIKOM YOGYAKARTA” Management Informatics and Computer Yogyakarta as an education institution that establish based on Minister Decree (SK) Minister Education and Culture Indonesian Republic No. 084/D/O/1994 about Enlist Status to Study Program for Stage Study Program Diploma AMIKOM Yogyakarta on Yogyakarta under “AMIKOM” YOGYAKARTA Foundation. AMIKOM has study program Informatics Management and Information System. Each program is managed by a head and secretary of major that supported by lectures and administration staff As a whole, academic institution at those moments is directed by a Director supported by some of Assistant Director, Academic Executor, Executor Administrative Element, Technical Service Unit, Research and Development and some other elements. On 2002, Diploma Program of Informatics Management have been accredited by Higher Education National Accreditation Institute with SK BAN PT number 010/BAN-PT/Ak-I/Dpl-III/VII/2002 and accredited with A Along with the progressively of information technology and communication and at same time to fulfill the need of expert and high skill on that field, AMIKOM add undergraduate program, changes became STMIK AMIKOM YOGYAKARTA. Based on Minister Decree from National Education Minister of Indonesian Republic dated April 24th 2002, number 75/D/2002 on subject of license to carry out study programs and establishment of STMIK AMIKOM on Yogyakarta
Unila was founded and initiated by local community of Lampung in 1960-s, intended to develop the intellectual life of society at higher education and to accommodate senior high school students who previously had to go to Java and Palembang to pursue higher education. Besides, as a new province, Lampung needed a lot of higher education graduates. The University of Lampung is located in the Province of Lampung. The province is on the most southern part of Sumatera and in proximity to island of Java. The land of Lampung is known as Sang Bumi Ruwa Jurai meaning that its climate is tropical and comfortable, place for diverse culture of mixed ethnic groups. Lampung offers magnificent coastline with attractive beaches and beautiful coral reef. The scenery range from green mountainous forest and rich agricultural land with widespread plantations to the beautiful national park with unique animals and plants. The people in Lampung are naturally warm and friendly.
MALANGKUCECWARA SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
"Welcome to the Malangkuçeçwara School of Economics (MCE). It is the first college with a beautiful garden and park in Malang. Our college was established in 1971 and after almost 33 years of proud achievement, it still leads in innovation and quality. We recognize that students learn in many ways, from formal teaching settings, a formal practices in laboratories, researching in library, and also from students' associates and activities that are available to members of the college community. Our vision is to develop global and quality graduates who are experts in fields the finance and accounting. Moreover, we are looking to create the future's leaders: mature, attractive individuals who will contribute to society. I invite you to explore the beautiful environment of MCE. I also encourage you to take time enjoy our website, which will introduce you to our world. Within our website you will find academic matters, our online library, student services, student's associates, facilities, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, an alumni database, and many other details
MARANATHA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
Maranatha Christian University (MCU) Was founded on September 11, 1955 by Perkumpulan Intelegensia Kristen Cabang Bandung (Christian Scientist Fellowship-Bandung Chapter) with the support of Gereja Kristen Indonesia Christian Church) and Gereja Kristen Pasundan (Pasundan Christian Church). The university was initially made up of only one faculty: the Faculty Medicine. In the year 1966, the Faculty of Engineering (the Civil Engineering Department), the Faculty of Psychology and the Faculty of Letters (the English department) were added to the university.Ayear later, the Electrical Engineering Department was added. In 1985, the Faculty of Economics and the Industrial Engineering Department were added to the university. In 1992 study programmes offered by Maranatha Christian University were extended to the include D-3 Programme (3-year Diploma) for English and the Japanese department. Today’s industrial world demands professional workforces capable of communicating in Mandarin as well as in English. To meet the demand, in 2001 MCU started a D-3 Programme for Chinese. Apart from the need of communication, the fast-paced development in information technology has compelled Maranatha Christian University to produce qualified professionals in the field of Information technology. In the year 2002, the new D-3 Programme for Information Technology was established.
PETRA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
UK Petra was founded on September 22nd, 1961 with the support of six major local Protestant churches. Started with only 60 students, in the first ever English department.The university campus is located at Siwalankerto in Surabaya—the second largest city in Indonesia with a population over 3 million people. The city itself is a nice place to live and study. See living here in Admission Info. Meanwhile, see contact for our snail mail address and directions for instructions how to get to campus.
SANATA DHARMA UNIVERSITY
Although Sanata Dharma began to be recognized as a university in April 1993, its history dates back to 1955 when Catholic Priests, particularly those of the Order of the Society of Jesus in central Java and lay intellectuals decided to found a teacher-training college. By then, the Order had run a one-year diploma course in Education under the de Britto Foundation in Yogyakarta managed by Father H. Loeff, S.J. and in English under the Loyola Foundation in Semarang by Father W.J. van der Meluen, S.J. and Father H. Bastiaanase, S.J. Later, with the support of thr Congregatio de Propaganda Fide, Father Kester, the then Superior of the Jesuit Missionaries, united these courses into a higher learning institution and so was born Sanata Dharma Teacher Training Instititue on October 20, 1955 and was officially inaugurated by the Indonesian government on December 17, 1955. At the onset, Sanata Dharma had 4 departments: Education, English, History, and Natural Sciences. The superior of the Jesuit mission appointed Father Nicolaus Driyarkara, S.J. as the Dean and Father H. Loeff as the Vice Dean. The name “Sanata Dharma” was coined by Father K. Looymans, S.J., who was then an officer in the Department of Education and Culture at the Office of the Indonesian Bishops. “Sanata Dharma” means “the true dedication” or “the real service”. The dedication and the service have been devoted to the nation and the church (Pro Patria et Eclessia)
SEBELAS MARET UNIVERSITY
Sebelas Maret University (UNS-SOLO) was founded on March 11, 1976. The legal basis for the founding of this university is the Presidential Decree Number 10, Year 1976. Its former name was Universitas Negeri Surakarta Sebelas Maret, abbreviated as UNS, and it was the amalgamation of State Surakarta Institute of: Teacher Training and Education, State Administration Academy of Surakarta, State Sport College of Surakarta, Faculty of Medicine of National Development College, United University of Surakarta, which consisted of some private colleges, namely: Islamic University of Indonesia, Surakarta Branch University of 17 August, Surakarta Branch Cokroaminoto University of Surakarta National Saraswati University of Surakarta
SOEGIJAPRANOTO CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
The main campus of UNIKA is located in the upper part of the city with a temperature slightly milder than downtown. It occupies an area of +10 hectares, surrounded by greenery including the city’s zoological gardens and a greenbelt that protects the downtown are from flooding. The campus is easily reached by taxi, city bus and other means of public transport, but most of the students come to university by motorcycle. The other two campuses are located in the downtown area; one located on Menteri Supeno Street No. 35 and the other on Imam Bonjol Street No. 186 A. Soegijapranata Catholic University was founded on August 5th, 1982 on the decree of the Coordinator of Private Higher Education Coordination, Region VI, Central Java No. 059/K/22/Kop/VII/1982 which was reaffirmed by the decree of the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia dated September 24th, 1983 No. 0400/01/1983. The initial idea to found a Catholic university was started from the Conference of the Catholics in Central Java. There were three reasons why the Catholic scholars and Catholic leaders suggested the idea. The first reason was the demand for higher education in Semarang which was still rare. Secondly, it was due to the great potential of teaching staff to be recruited in the city and the willingness of local business people to give assistance cooperatively. Thirdly, it was the conducive situation which encouraged the need to establish a higher education as a place for the future leaders with a strong religious basic to equal the influence of Communism ideology in the era. The idea to establish a catholic university in Semarang was fully supported by Semarang Catholic figures that consisted of intellectuals, government officials, and businesspersons. Thus, in a meeting in 1964 a decision was made to found Semarang Atma Jaya Indonesian Catholic University. Semarang Atma Jaya Catholic University is a chapter of Atma Jaya Indonesian Catholic University Jakarta but in its operation the university was co-managed by Soegijapranata Foundation. The first faculties that were opened were Faculty of Law and Faculty of Economics. Considering the good interest of the public, the principals of the university thought it important to open exact sciences. With supports from many parties, Faculty of Pharmacy was instituted in1965. A year later, Faculty of Agriculture was opened and in 1967 Faculty of Engineering was established. Yet, since 1970 Atma Jaya Catholic University
UNIVERSITAS ISLAM INDONESIA
Along with Takbir, Tahlil and Tahmid in this sacred and pure day, on behalf of the big family of Universitas Islam Indonesia, let me say Taqabballahu minna wa minkum, minal `aidin fal faizin, May Allah accept our good deeds and Happy Ied Fithr 1428 H. May you forgive our wrong conducts. Lets consider this day as a good starting point to achieve better in meeting our dedication to education based on our parts, duties, and responsibilities. All values and wisdom we obtained in madrasah ruhaniyah during Ramadhan should be our guide to live the rest eleven months. The first of Syawwal 1428 H becomes a momentum to launch the new presentation of the university website. The website is not only changing the lay out setting but also the content and facilities. All of which is expected to better the service given and augment the image of UII. The first launch is, however, just the onset of rebuilding more comprehensive site, which will certainly take a long time. We are sorry to inform you that you will still find incompleteness and some broken links in this soft launching of our website. Hence, we are certainly looking forward to constructive criticisms so as to improve the quality of the website.
UNIVERSITAS KATOLIK INDONESIA ATMA JAYA
Date of foundation: 1 June 1960 Founder: Atma Jaya Foundation In June 1952, the Bishops at an all-Java Bishops Meeting first dreamed of founding a catholic institution of higher learning. The inspiration took form on 1 June 1960 with the establishment of the Atma Jaya Foundation. This institution later founded Atma Jaya Catholic University. Among the first founders were: Ir J.P. Cho, Ir. Lo Siang Hien-Ginting, Drs. Goei Tjong Tik, I.J. Kasimo, J.B. Legiman S.H, Drs. F.X. Frans Seda, Pang Lay Kim, Tan Bian Seng, Anton M. Moeliono, St. Munadjat Danusaputro, J.E. Tan, Ben Mang-Reng Say. During its early years, the Ursuline Sisters helped Atma Jaya by providing classrooms at their school complexes, both in Lapangan Banteng Utara and at Santa Theresia, Menteng. Since 1967, Atma Jaya gradually moved to the campus at Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, now known as the Semanggi Campus, and then also to the Pluit Campus in North Jakarta which houses the Faculty of Medicine, Atma Jaya Hospital, and the Atma Jaya Mortuary. Atma Jaya means the reign of the Spirit. The reign of the Spirit motivates us to always increase the educational quality. Academic excellence and professional graduates are our main orientation. Today, Atma Jaya Catholic University has 8 faculties with 15 programs for undergraduate/bachelor degree. The postgraduate programs consist of 3 programs for master degree, namely Master of Management and Master of Applied English Linguistic in 1992, and 1 program for doctoral degree in 2002/2003. Faculty of economics and faculty of business administration were founded on 1960, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Engineering in 1961, The Faculty of Law in 1965, The Faculty of Medicine in 1967, The Faculty of Psychology in 1992 and Master’s Degree Program for Professional Psychologists in 2005, and Faculty of Technobiology on 2002.
Mercu Buana University (MBU) was founded on June 18, 1985 by a well – kown Indonesian entrepreneur H.Probosutedjo a retired Taman Siswa teacher at Pematang Siantar District, North Sumatra. Its history dated back to November 10, 1981 when he decided to set about an “Academi Wiraswasta Dewantara” ( Dewantara Entrepreneur Academy) which was inaugurated by the late H.Adam Malik, the previous Indonesian Vice President. The name of the academy was taken from the name of the famous Indonesian educator H.Hajar Dewantara. At its initial stage, the mission of the academy was to develop a model of non-degree program that produces independent and pious businessmen or entrepreneurs who aspire to create the job vacancies rather than to look for the vacant position. Before having its own campus, the teaching and learning process were carried out in Indonesian Employment Office (YTKI) on Gatot Subroto Street. Then in 1984, the Menara Bhakti foundation---the foundation that sponsored the academy—built a campus of its own on Meruya Selatan Street, Kebun Jeruk West Jakarta. Having enough experience in managing an academy, the foundation board of trustee appointed Dr.Ir.Sri Edi Swasono as the chairman of the university formation team. Among the members of the team were the late H.Abdul Madjid, the late Drs. Iman Santosa Sukardi, Drs.M.Enoch Markum, Ir.Suharyadi,MS, the late Sukarno, and the late Prijo S.Parwoto. After conducting thorough need analyses and feasibility studies on June 12, 1985, the team proposed a full-pledged of Mercu Buana University to the coordinator of private universities territory III, Jakarta. The coordinator then issued a letter of operational approval No.15 /Kop III/S-VI/85 dated June 18, 1985 signed by the late Prof.Dr.Boesjra Zahir.
UNIVERSITAS NEGERI MALANG
On Oktober 18, 1954, Prof. Mr. Muhammad Yamin officially opened Perguruan Tinggi Pendidikan Guru Malang (PTPG Malang), or Teacher Education College. The historical event marked the commencement of what now become UM, one of the oldest universities in Indonesia. The newly born institution had 5 departments, with 127 students and 37 lecturers. Prof. Sutan Adam Bachtiar was appointed first rector of PTPG Malang. The founding of another university in East Java, Unair (Universitas Airlangga) on November 10, 1954, brought about some important consequence to the status of PTPG Malang. Since then, PTPG became one of the four faculties of Unair. It was not until four years later that the status change was officially declared, with the issuance of Government Decree No. 71, 1958. Based on the decree, PTPG Malang formally became Faculty of Teacher Training and Education of Airlangga University (Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan, FKIP-Unair). In 1963, FKIP-Unair converted into an independent institution, namely Institute of Teacher Training and Education (Institut Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Malang, or better known as IKIP Malang). The emergence of this institution put an end to the previous debates concerning the dualism in the government policy on teacher education in Indonesia. In 1967 it was designated as a Growth Center University by the Director General of Higher Education and in 1968 it opened its first Doctorate Program. The year 1999 marked yet another important change in the institution's status. Based on Presidential Decree No. 93, 1999, IKIP Malang obtained a greater mandate and transformed into UM. Later, referring to the Director-General of Higher Education's Decree No. 143/DIKTI/Kep/2000, five faculties were established: Faculty of Educaton, Faculty of Letters, Faculty of Mathematics and Science, Faculty of Economics, and Faculty of Engineering. The English Department of UM was once recognized by the Ford Foundation as the best of its kind in South East Asia.
Universitas Padjadjaran was established based on the initiative of prominent society members of the West Java who eager to have an higher institution at which young generation of West Java can be prepared for serving as future leaders. After a thoroughful processes, on the 11 th of September 1957, Universitas Padjadjaran was established through the Government Regulation No. 37 dated on 24 September 1957 and officially opened by the President Soekarno on the 24 th of September 1957.. At the time of its establishment, Unpad had only four faculties, but now it has developed to become one of the leading higher educational institutions in Indonesia with 15 faculties and 1 Graduate Programs. Academic programs offered are 9 Doctoral programs, 12 Master Studies Programs, 43 Undergraduate Studies Programs, 4 Profession Studies Programs, 26 Specialist Studies Programs, 25 Extention Studies Programs, 1 Diploma (D-4) Programs, and 28 Studies Programs Diploma (D-3) Programs. Have Post Graduate Nonregular, Doctor (S3) 4 Disciplines and Master (S2) 11 Disciplines, who manage in faculties and collaboration program whith institution (Unpad Whith another institution) Among 15 S1 Faculties, four of them are new faculties, i.e. Faculty of Nurse, Faculty of Fishery and Marine Science, and Faculty of Technology of Agricultural Industry have just recently established in the academic year of 2005/2006. A new faculty, Faculty of Pharmacy was has just recently developed from the Department of Pharmacy of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences in academic year 2006/2007 due to increase of market demand to pramaciests and development in pharmaceutical science.
UNIVERSITAS PELITA HARAPAN
Established in 1994 by Pelita Harapan Foundation / Yayasan Universitas Pelita Harapan (YUPH), Universitas Pelita Harapan is committed to the noble industry of education. This commitment is reflected in professional management, high-quality faculties, curricula and facilities, as well as scholarships for outstanding students and those needing financial assistance. In our journey toward true excellence in education, The Universitas Pelita Harapan vision and mission statements serve as fundamental guides in the never-ending development of Total Transformational Education. Based on Christian principles, Universitas Pelita Harapan aspires to provide excellent education through Global Best Practices, Professional Management, Strategic Global Partnerships and a People-Oriented Approach. Through the three distinctive curricula of Leadership, Learning and Communication Skills, Character and Attitude, UPH has established a strong reputation for its combination of Knowledge, Faith and Character. Escalating student enrollment has shaped UPH into a multi-cultural campus, with students from more than 10 diverse nations, including the United States, Russia, China, Korea, and Germany. Learning is supported by one of the best instructor/student ratios available
UNIVERSITY OF INDONESIA
After the proclamation or independence on the 17th of August 1945 the Indonesian government realized that education is of utmost importance for progress, so that a few days afterwards the "Balai Perguruan Tinggi Republik Indonesia" (BPTRI) or Indonesian "Institute for Higher Education" was established in Jakarta. The BPTRI consisted of the Faculties of Medicine and Pharmacy, Letters, and Law, with its first graduating class of 90 medical doctors the same year. When the Dutch colonial army occupied Jakarta at the end of 1945 the BPTRI moved to Klaten, Surakarta, Yogyakarta, Surabaya, and Malang. The Dutch colonial government, which by 1946 had occupied the big cities and surrounding areas in Indonesia, established a Nood Universiteit or "Emergency University" in Jakarta in the same year and later in 1947 the name was changed into "Universiteit van Indonesie" (UVI). After the transfer of sovereignty, the government of the Republic of Indonesia established the "Universitet Indonesia" on 1950, comprising of the BPTRI and UVI units. The name "Universitet Indonesia" was later changed into "Universitas Indonesia" (Ul).In 1950 Ul was a multi campus university with faculties in v Jakarta (Medicine, Law and Literature), Bogor (Agronomy and Veterinary Medicine), Bandung (Engineering, Mathematics and Natural Sciences), Surabaya (Medicine and Dentistry), Makassar (Economics).