Caucasus University was established in 2004. CU is a new institution founded on the base of Caucasus School of Business which was established during the transitional period of the country in 1998 when Georgia was making the first attempts to move from planned to free market economy. Now Caucasus University has got three schools: Caucasus School of Business, Caucasus School of law and Caucasus School of Media, a relatively new school. The target segment of CU are highly motivated, advanced skilled and study dedicated individuals ready to invest in their study at CU to build the professional and successful careers as well as the management of business entities which understands that human capital is one of the most important and main asset for successful business. The role of the Caucasus University is to support the fast development of the business sector in Georgia and it is well known what a pivotal role the business sector has in the country’s development in overall.
European School of Management - Tbilisi
Mission of European School of Management in Tbilisi (ESM-Tbilisi) is to build up a new Georgian management elite - managers, professionally thinking and professionally acting under market economy - providing high quality management education, using modern and innovative teaching technologies, highly qualified faculty, and exposing students to practical experience.
Georgian Agricultural University
Both of the Universities passed interesting ways of their existence before the consolidation. Chronologically it includes the following: In 1917, the only contemporary Institution of higher education in the whole Caucasus - Polytechnic Institute,was founded in Tbilisi. From the beginning there was only Agricultural faculty at the University with two departments – Agricultural and Forestry. 400 students were enrolled at the faculty for the first training year. The first dean was an inhabitant of Tbilisi – professor of Petersburg Institute of Forestry S.Khazarov. In the following year professor A.Didebulidze was appointed as the head of the Institute and physical department. In 1919 year, an agricultural department inaugurated at the faculty of natural-mathematics of Georgian State University. On the basis of this department, in1921 was formed the faculty of Agronomy. The first dean of the faculty was professor Petre Melikishvili. There were also the famous scientists at the faculty: D.Gedevanishvili; K.Amirejibi; I.lomouri; S.Cholokashvili; S.Kurdiani; Z.Kanchaveli and others.
Tbilisi Pedagogical University
Ilia Chavchavadze State University is a union of students and professors – a multifunctional study and research institution that, through the cooperation of students, professors, teachers and researchers, provides a unified scope for academic and professional learning and research. The unified scope is based on three principles: 1. Academic freedom 2. Freedom of conscience 3. Freedom of choice
Tbilisi State University
Tbilisi State University was founded in 1918 owing to the leadership and huge effort of a famous Georgian historian Ivane Javakhishvili and the group of his followers. It was the first and the only educational body of this type in Caucasus by that time. Georgia has an ancient tradition of education, as evidenced by the functioning of the School of Philosophy and Rhetoric of Phazisi in Colchis (IV c.); as well as the setting up of cultural-enlightenment centers in Palestine (V c.), Syria (VI c.), Greece (X-XV cc.) and Bulgaria (XI c.); Gelati and Iqalto Academies in Georgia (XI-XII cc.); However, as a result of political-economic decrease and at last becoming the colony of Russia, there had been no national higher educational Institution in Georgia for the next few centuries.
University of Grigol Robakidze
1992 – The private University “Alma Mater” was established. At that period the lectures were delivered by Akaki Bakradze, Marika Lordkipanidze, Levan Sanikidze, Revaz Mishveladze, Kote Makharadze, Otar Japaridze, Revaz Chogoshvili, Albert Abesadze, Levan Menabde. .